Thursday 26 January 2012

Mexico

sugar skulls, cavaleras, mexican wrestler mask, lucha libre, tequila, tattoos, dr. lakra, skulls, day of the dead, sombreros, pinata, bandito, chilango, aztec, bright, vivid, poncho, music, colour, texture, beer, catrinas, santa muerte, chipotle, corona, burrito, cactus, frida kahlo


This was another idea considered through initial brainstorming. On reflection it would be fun but possibly not quite right for the style of theme we are looking for? In relation to the work that is likely to be displayed.

My thinking behind this was that it would be an idea in tribute to Mariana for her help and appreciate her culture through our eyes.

And initially my thinking was that it would tie in with the date of the exhibition week - as the Cinco de Mayo (5th of may) (a celebration of mexican-american culture) is the day after the exhibition ends.

(Though I do appreciate it is a more Americanized celebration than traditional Mexican)

But, Hey .... It was just an idea ..

My apologies if any of my brainstorming is stereotypical it is not intended to be so, it is merely a collection of fast thoughts that I like about Mexico

1 comment:

  1. That's a really sweet thought and 5th of May is, by the way, one of the most important battles that my country had so it's far away of being American. It's a battle most Mexicans have close to their hearts. The brainstorming has some stereotypical concepts but also, some that are up to date and make Mexican people very proud. I have to say it's a topic that I like (obviously!) but again, you have to think of visuals people of this country find more familiar and they can relate to. Thanks for the thought though.

    ReplyDelete