Thursday 26 January 2012

Reaction to Brief

My initial feeling on the project for the semester is excitement. The task of creating a brand and business card design for our future work is definitely something that I feel I will enjoy.

Graphics and Web design were the things that when I initially came to University I expected I would enjoy the most as I am a reasonably creative person and I am hugely interested in graphics and illustrative work.

In my own time I spend a lot of time drawing and trying to come with creative solutions, though I am not the most amazing artist in the world, It is something that I strive to improve.

I am heavily influenced by tattoo art, Japanese and street art. I also have got a thing about skulls... I have long been fond of artwork with skulls. I have always been inspired by the work of tattooists like mr. cartoon, chris garver, kat von d and dr. lakra. (there are many more but these are some of my faves)

When I first read this assignment my immediate thought was to try and do something attempting to incorporate day of the dead skulls...

I already have some ideas for my business card and branding and will begin illustrating ideas today. My principal thinking was that I would create a brand for a design business, though perhaps I will attempt ideas for both company and personal branding.


Exhibition:

As a team we were set the task of creating an exhibition in it's entirety as a class. Deciding upon a theme, concept and narrative while organising, funding and selecting all the work that will be displayed. This is also hugely exciting to me.

The class was split into 3 groups of seven to handle web, graphics and exhibition collectively.

In the past (a long time ago now), I have exhibited some of my artwork for shows for college and also I have exhibited work at the Corcoran Gallery of Art in Washington DC. Therefore, I have had a little experience in putting something like this together, which may help in this process?

I have been put in the exhibition group, as It was suggested that I am quite confident and organised which could prove to be valuable in this process and will also help later on when presenting and describing the works.

I would happily have settled in any of the three group choices as all are interesting to me. I will endeavour to give this task as much energy and passion as possible and hopefully as a team we can create an amazing exhibition that we can feel proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment