Wednesday 22 February 2012

Business Card Idea 4

Interactive Crossword Design

So, this idea is based on a design idea that I was thinking about a few weeks ago.

I have made my own crossword puzzle business card. The idea is that the user solves the puzzle using the clues on the back.

With this consideration in mind, the card would have to be textured in material that can be written on easily.

I hope this is not too confusing, but I will allow you to try it out. If i think of better clues in the meantime I will obviously modify them. (But currently these are the best in my list - or at least "easiest" to convey the message)

I tried to keep ideas/style/typo in "a traditional crossword style" so this is why the lettering is designed this way.

I put the "answers" upside down ... and the 'personal' details would reside here ... ? I know this is unconventional but perhaps adds an different dynamic? Again, relating to a traditional puzzle style.

(Not really sold on typo ?Especially on this part 'the answers section'- but was trying to keep consistency)

I will change it and try some ideas.


Anyway, Its my first attempt as a different concept...

It's basically a fun idea. It's not my "final" design or anything like that .. Just an attempt to visualise the idea.


Front:



Back:




I think this idea could work really well, because I feel that providing the different edge, of allowing the user to have that 'remember' factor by actually writing on the puzzle?


These clues aren't perfect; at this stage, but I only came up with them this evening. I attempted to make them as easily (for the user) as I possibly could, while attempting to achieve my message successfully.

I wont tell you some of the other ones I had just yet.... as I don't want to spoil the game ... But once u have had a go at working out the idea, I will put up some of my other confusing clue suggestions.

3 comments:

  1. Instead of the second question across you should have the famous make of a motorbike or something along those lines.

    Another you do know it goes 1,2,3,2,4,5 right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers phil ... i might just nick that mate ;)

    second word of famous motorbike, (6,8)

    like it ... cheers pal

    I KNOW THE ORDER .... is a bit out! I had to try and do it like that to help the puzzle work better, and try and keep traditional crossword style ... but yeah it's first attempt - i will think about these little changes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love 5 DOWN! Great start, be sure to add what Phil suggested. Happy, very happy! This is the kind of design that you deserve.

    ReplyDelete